Am 29.11.2007 um 10:55 schrieb Charlie Clark:

Lucky for me that some clever person came up with these modules! ;-) Anything else I need to look out for?

Not sure if this is entirely the correct way but I do not need an essentially trivial object: a dictionary addressable by X, by Y and (X, Y).

This will be the storage for an editable table. I guess I should probably be looking at zope.formlib or z3c.form for this but looking at the documentation I'm not sure if the dictionary schema is suitable as this is for an object that will be dynamically resizable.

This is going to be my first implementation from a Python object in Zope using browser views so I'm quite excited!

After a brief cold-induced hiatus I'm please to report that things are working nearly as expected and once you've gone through the process things are indeed a lot tidier.

I've decided to bypass zope.formlib z3C.form for the time being to get a better idea for working with browser views and lump the processing into my __call__ method. I can add and delete rows and columns and save data, except that the contents of my tables, ie. the dictionary key and values don't survive a Zope restart.

My class head looks like this

class Table(UserDict, PortalContent):
def __init__(self, id, rows=1, cols=1, *args, **kwds): UserDict.__init__(self, *args, **kwds) """Default table has one row and one column""" = id

ie., I'm dependent upon Zope committing the changes to the database which it. Is there anything I'm missing like inheriting fom DublinCore?

Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20
D- 40215
Tel: +49-211-938-5360