Am 28.11.2007 um 19:49 schrieb Philipp von Weitershausen:

Right. You can't mix built-in types with ExtensionClasses (pretty much anything in Zope 2 is an ExtensionClass). Actually, subclassing the built-in types usually only works for trivial cases.

UserDict (or PersistentDict) is the right thing to use here.

Lucky for me that some clever person came up with these modules! ;-) Anything else I need to look out for?

Not sure if this is entirely the correct way but I do not need an essentially trivial object: a dictionary addressable by X, by Y and (X, Y).

This will be the storage for an editable table. I guess I should probably be looking at zope.formlib or z3c.form for this but looking at the documentation I'm not sure if the dictionary schema is suitable as this is for an object that will be dynamically resizable.

This is going to be my first implementation from a Python object in Zope using browser views so I'm quite excited!

Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20
D- 40215
Tel: +49-211-938-5360