Damien Baty (ML) wrote:

I am trying to use GenericSetup to define permissions/roles mappings for a product. As far as I can see, the current version of GenericSetup does not register the permission if it does not exist. It supposes that the permission exists and calls 'manage_permission()'. Naturally, it breaks with new (unregistered) permissions.

All I need to do is to register this new permission, e.g. with 'CMFCore.permissions.setDefaultRoles()'. Is there any reason why this is not done by the 'rolemap' importer? If not, I would be willing to propose a patch.

(I am not totally sure that this is the right place to ask about GenericSetup. If it is not, feel free to redirect me to the proper mailing-list.)

Can you not simply define the permission itself in zcml:

    title="My Package: Some permission"

I _think_ that should then let you then import a rolemap for it.

(IMO it's a good thing that importing a rolemap for an unregistered raises an error - imagine chasing an error because you have put 'List Folder Contents' instead of 'List folder contents' in your rolemap.xml)