Tres Seaver wrote:
yuppie wrote:
Hanno Schlichting wrote:
yuppie wrote:
I guess CMF 2.2 will be released before Zope2 or Python requires setuptools, so at least for now it is a GenericSetup/CMF dependency.

http://svn.zope.org/CMF/trunk/ still exists and needs to be maintained (or deleted). Who ever added the setuptools dependency should update INSTALL.txt and friends (if we agree to keep CMF trunk and the dependency).
I don't have a strong opinion on CMF/trunk. I don't use it, so I don't have a particular interest in keeping it around.
Maybe it should be replaced by a buildout, but for now I would keep it.

- -1 to managing dependencies in buildout-specific files:  they belong in
setup.py.

I guess you did get me wrong. I was talking about the future of http://svn.zope.org/CMF/trunk/, not about dependency management.

Cheers, Yuppie