On 22.11.2008 15:39 Uhr, Charlie Clark wrote:

Hi Andreas,

a very interesting situation. I've never thought of object creation
when choosing "pure" CMF over Plone as this is largely a ZODB issue.
As Roché points out it is less likely to be the transactions and more
likely to be the cataloguing and any other event subscribers that are
limiting factors here. Speed comparions between CMF and Plone only
make sense for serving content where I find pure CMF to be at least 10
times as fast as Plone - I think the speed difference is largely down
to the sheer size of Archetypes and the overloading of getattr().

The catalog is of course a hotspot. There is collective.indexing and the catalog queue that ease the pain a bit and bring some improvements to the overall performance (for both Plone and CMF) - however not as satisfying as I was thinking of. Going with a RDBMS as backend is likely the only option when it comes scalablity on a system with lots of concurrent write.

Andreas
begin:vcard
fn:Andreas Jung
n:Jung;Andreas