Charlie Clark writes:

> Am 25.01.2009 um 08:35 schrieb Dieter Maurer:

>> Of course, "iso-8859-1" may not be approriate for form delivery --
>> and may result in funny special characters in non-western countries.
>

> As Daniel noted UTF-8 should be default. I had a quick look at the
> source of the appropriate module and couldn't see where the broken
> "magic" was happening. It's probably a bit beyond me but is the first
> thing to write a test that we know currently breaks?

Apparently, a fix for the problem I was talking about was attempted in
zope.publisher, but not propogated to Zope 2 as per Tres comment from
2008-06-16 from this (duplicate?) bug report.  There's also some working
patches for Zope 2 here:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/143873

I have no clue about the problem with character encodings used to serve
pages, nor am I sure if it's related at all.

Daniel
--
http://danielnouri.org