Am 28.02.2009 um 13:55 schrieb Hanno Schlichting:

> Hi.
>
> Quoting a mail from Jens from September last year:
>
> "Is there anything to hold back a CMF 2.2.0 beta at this point?"
>
> I have one small todo item on my list regarding the changes to content
> type icons.
>
> Things I remember people working on:
>
> - Formlib based views

Yuppie's already done most of them. Work on my my own folder_contents
replacement has been sporadic but is finally coming along and I hope
to finish it in March. Then I can work on my table-free replacement of
main_template.pt. Beyond that I'll try and work on form(lib) views for
some the rest of CMFDefault - the brackets because I think that beyond
2.2 a move to z3c.forms is should be seriously considered. Fortunately
the code z3c.forms code is close enough to formlib to make migration
fairly straightforward.

> - Add-views

Add to that Jens' CMFActionIcons folding into CMFDefault and
presumably Tres' "ursa" replacement for Globals.py and Yuppie's
workflow work.

> http://www.zope.org/Products/CMF/docs/roadmap/view has a couple of
> items, I'm not sure about.
>
> Is there anything missing, people would like to have in a new version?
>
> It should be no surprise, that I'd like to have official support for
> Zope 2.12 for CMF 2.2 as well ;) Nightly tests are running fine for
> all
> I can see. As Zope 2.12 is not likely to be released before Summer,
> would that be a reasonable timeframe to aim for a CMF 2.2 final
> release
> as well?

Seems reasonable to me although the Zope 2.12 support is more nice to
have than a real requirement. I'm thinking of giving a presentation on
CMF 2.2 at Europython which would also fit the timeline and perhaps
encourage me to do some of the documentation I've been wanting to work
on for the last couple of years.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark