On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Charlie Clark
<charlie.cl...@clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> src/Products.CMFDefault/Products/CMFDefault/profiles/default/toolset.xml
>  <required tool_id="acl_users"
>            class="AccessControl.User.UserFolder"/>
> This can't be easily corrected without fixing the upgrade steps.

Indeed. This will need an upgrade step and the registration needs to
be conditional on the Zope version.

Zope 2 itself takes care of the root acl_users folder and has inline
migration code for that. In Plone's case all user folders are custom
classes. I also looked at PAS and LDAPUserFolder which use custom
classes as well. So none of these need special care, it's just anyone
using the stock UserFolder class outside the root that needs to do
some application specific migration.