On Apr 9, 2012, at 23:10 , Charlie Clark wrote:

> Am 22.03.2012, 13:28 Uhr, schrieb yuppie <y.2...@wcm-solutions.de>:
>> The tools are *local* utilities. Including the ZCML doesn't fix this issue.
>> You have to run the upgrade step.
> Should we add a warning to CMFTools.utils.getToolByName? To use getUtility
> and the interface instead?

Just a general remark: The last time we added a warning to getToolByName it had
to be taken back out. The protest was too big. No one wanted to spend the time
on all the third-party packages that still use that API. What's worse, back
then even the CMF packages were not switched to a pure utility model and would
emit these warnings as well.