Matthew T. Kromer wrote at 2005-10-21 20:39 -0400:
>What happens with Zope and DCOracle2 I think is when the DA
>connection object is ghosted, it doesn't know about it, and thus
>doesn't close its connection.

Why not?

  When the DA instance is ghosted, the "db" object is deleted
  (last reference released).

  In an optimal world, the deletion of the "db" object would release
  the last reference to the DCOracle connection and this
  would close the connection to Oracle before the memory
  is released.

>The close is implicit when the
>connection object is destroyed, but usually there's so much stuff
>loaded that *someone* has a reference to the connection.

That's the bug.

There should be no references to DCOracle resources outside
the "db" object (at least, Zope's DA/ZSQL do not require
such references outside). Thus, when the "db" object goes away,
the "DCOracle" resources should, too.

--
Dieter