On 2005-11-30 at 20:06:21 [+0100], Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Charlie Clark wrote:
> > You can use <dtml-var sqldelimiter> - search the archives for that.
> > But that is wrong.
> Why?
> > If you want to count the number of records, use count()
> That doesn't work if you use offsets and limits to only return part of a
> result set...

SELECT count(attribute) FROM relatiin WHERE condition

only returns 1 result so it's independent of LIMIT and result sets.

Of course, ZopeDAs such as our mxODBCZopeDA can be extended to support
additional commands on the connection but that is not part of the ZSQL
specification and will vary from RDBMS to RDBMS as the initial mail noted.

2005-10-17: Released mxODBC.Zope.DA 1.0.9        http://zope.egenix.com/