also sprach Charlie Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006.01.18.1451 +0100]:
> This problem is common to all ZopeDA's connected to network data
> sources.  You might want to try using our mxODBCZopeDA with the option
> "Connect on demand" which often helps in these situations.

Interesting pointer, thanks a lot!

I wonder how this product determines that a stalled connection
cannot fulfill a demand.

> However, a lot depends on how your data source and driver are
> configured as the "stale" connection is often serialised even
> though it has been lost.

I am not sure what you mean with that. Most transactions are
serialised by default these days. I don't understand what that has
to do with stalled connections.

But you did write serialised *connections*. What are those?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"; [EMAIL PROTECTED]

invalid/expired pgp (sub)keys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

*** important disclaimer:
by sending an email to any address, that will eventually cause it to
end up in my inbox without much interaction, you are agreeing that:

  - i am by definition, "the intended recipient"
  - all information in the email is mine to do with as i see fit and
    make such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke as it
    lends itself to. in particular, i may quote it on usenet.
  - i may take the contents as representing the views of your company.
  - this overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that
    may be included on your message.