You might also consider using SQLRelay. I wrote some blog posts talking about connecting to a relational database. There might be some useful information there:

http://contenthere.blogspot.com/2005/12/zoracle-part-i-problem.html
http://contenthere.blogspot.com/2005/12/zoracle-part-ii-solution.html
http://contenthere.blogspot.com/2005/12/zoracle-part-iii-connecting-zope-to.html

The last of the series might be the most relevant.

--Seth

martin f krafft wrote:

also sprach Charlie Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006.01.18.1451 +0100]:
This problem is common to all ZopeDA's connected to network data sources. You might want to try using our mxODBCZopeDA with the option "Connect on demand" which often helps in these situations.

Interesting pointer, thanks a lot!

I wonder how this product determines that a stalled connection
cannot fulfill a demand.

However, a lot depends on how your data source and driver are
configured as the "stale" connection is often serialised even
though it has been lost.

I am not sure what you mean with that. Most transactions are
serialised by default these days. I don't understand what that has
to do with stalled connections.

But you did write serialised *connections*. What are those?

Seth Gottlieb
Optaros, Inc.
60 Canal Street
Boston, MA 02114