also sprach Seth Gottlieb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006.01.18.1523 +0100]:
> You might also consider using SQLRelay.  I wrote some blog posts talking
> about connecting to a relational database.  There might be some useful
> information there:

These are very interesting. However, with SQLRelay, I am still bound
to use SQLRelayDA for Zope, and as Charlie postulated that stale
database connections are in part due to Zope's DA framework,
I wonder how using SQLRelay would address the problem; if the
connection to the SQLRelay server is lost, Zope would similarly hang
itself up, wouldn't it?

Or do you recommend running SQLRelay on the Zope server? How does
SQLRelay then manage a connection that is stale?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
invalid/expired pgp (sub)keys? use as keyserver!
spamtraps: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"women who want to be equal to men lack ambition."
                                                      -- timothy leary