Chris Withers wrote:

> > I suspect you will have to build this yourself. Store a sufficiently random
> > id inside your objects when they are created, and use a ZCatalog to index
> > them.
> blech! ;-)

This is the normal way to keep references to objects.  I asked Jim Fulton at
IPC8, and he basically said "don't use _p_oid", which means this is the only
way.  Of course, once the observer interface is more well developed you
won't need the Catalog part.

> CatalogAware is the work of the devil anyway ;-) ZPatterns ahs got to be
> better for doing that kindof stuff ;-)

Yup - no object_reindex() every time you change the object, no need to
inherit from anything.  You can  have automatic catalogging in any DataSkin
object trivially, with no change to your class.

Fingerprint = D365 7BE8 B81E 2B18 6534  025E D0E7 92DB E441 411C