I was just building in some error handling into some UI code, and wanted to catch
errors relating to duplicate ids.  The problem is that just about every client-side
error raises the same kind of Exception, a 'Bad Request'.  A quick grep counted 41
different types of 'Bad Request' in my Zope source.

Wouldn't it be *much* nicer to have a hierarchy of exception types, so that
applications can deal with them at an arbitrarily granular level?  e.g.

ZopeException

    `RequestException
      |  |
      |  `XMLException

      `IdException
        |  |
        |  `ReservedWordException

        `DuplicateException

Has this discussion taken place before?  Would it be useful?  Would its effort:benfits
ratio be too great to justify doing?

seb