I think that this would make a great dev.zope.org fish-bowl project.

I'd love to see someone come up with an exception model for
Zope:

  - arranging exceptions in a hierarchy.

  - defining standard APIs for exceptions.

    To give an example of what I'd like to gain by having
    exception APIs, I'd like there to be ab API for
    finding out whether an exception is meant for a human
    and getting an exception as HTML, so we stop embedding
    markup in exception values to indicate errors meant
    for humans.

Any volunteers? :)

Jim