Nope!  the method calling the manage_* method can have proxy roles setup for
so that it can call manage_* methods for users who do not have the
to call that manage_* method.

Also, any user can be assigned access to the manage_* methods needed on a
document/method/object by giving them the rights do what you need to do,
such as the Change Properties and Add properties rights (might also need the

manage_properties right, but I dont think so) via the security tab inside

did this help?