I'm not sure why this isn't in 2.3.1b1, but yes, the code in getobject was
changed to use unrestrictedTraverse for this very reason.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Enge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 10:33 AM
Subject: [Zope-dev] ZCatalog madness. (Must log in as emergencyuser.)


> Right.
>
> This is the traceback I get, after doing a search (searchResults) - which
> goes fine by teh way - and then trying to do an
> getobject(x.data_record_id_) as a non-emergencyuser user get up an login
> box and press escape:
>
> Unauthorized
>
> Sorry, a Zope error occurred.
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File
> /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 222, in publish_module
>   File
> /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 187, in publish
>   File
> /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 171, in publish
>   File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py,
> line 160, in mapply
>     (Object: candidate_search)
>   File
> /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 112, in call_object
>     (Object: candidate_search)
>   File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py,
> line 189, in __call__
>     (Object: candidate_search)
>   File
>
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py,
> line 538, in __call__
>     (Object: candidate_search)
>   File
> /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_In.py,
> line 702, in renderwob
>     (Object: candidateEngine(REQUEST))
> Unauthorized: 0
>
> Right.  Your average unauthorized I should think.  Next, if I log in as
> the emergencyuser, this is what I get:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File
> /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 222, in publish_module
>   File
> /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 187, in publish
>   File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py,
> line 221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
>     (Object: Traversable)
>   File
> /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 171, in publish
>   File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py,
> line 160, in mapply
>     (Object: candidate_search)
>   File
> /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
> 112, in call_object
>     (Object: candidate_search)
>   File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/OFS/DTMLMethod.py,
> line 189, in __call__
>     (Object: candidate_search)
>   File
>
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py,
> line 538, in __call__
>     (Object: candidate_search)
>   File
> /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_In.py,
> line 711, in renderwob
>     (Object: candidateEngine(REQUEST))
>   File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1b1-linux2-x86/lib/python/OFS/Traversable.py,
> line 107, in absolute_url
>     (Object: CatalogAware)
> AttributeError: (see above)
>
> Error Type: AttributeError
> Error Value: 'string' object has no attribute 'get'
>
>
> The get thing is probably from me trying to call absolute_url on the
> objects it returns.  Calling atributes works, though.
>
> Strange.  Doing getobject as a non-emergencyuser doesn't owrk, and when I
> have logged in the objects I get seems to be somewhat fubar.
>
> Help is greatly appretiated.
>
> (PS.  I seem to recall a checkin in hte CVS about unrestrictedTraverse in
> one of the files belonging to the Catalog, could this has something to do
> with it?)
>
> Zope 2.3.1b1 on Linux.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Zope-Dev maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev
> **  No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
> (Related lists -
>  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
>  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope )
>


_______________________________________________
Zope-Dev maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev
**  No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
(Related lists - 
 http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
 http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope )

Reply via email to