> From: "Johan Carlsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Now comes the tricky thing, case I want to render with the tal tags
> > intact. I just tested that and they are intact after render. Jippi!
> This will be optional in ZPT 1.1, most likely.
> > The next step I want to do is to save the template back to Zope
> > and extract some of the tal:content tags and save them back to
> > my_content.
> Wha?  You want to parse out the rendered contents of some tags and save
> them?  Will the user be editing the rendered page somehow?

Yes. With the DHTML Editing Component I can turn element
in to editable by setting the contenteditable property while
setting all non editable elements to unselectable (to not
mess with the current selection while using the UI).
> > I noticed that I can access the macros of a METAL template
> > after its been cooked (or used anyway).
> > Is there anyway to parse a TAL template to extract part form it,
> > preferably from Python?
> You could use the same code that TAL itself does, I guess.  What are you
> trying to accomplish?

A WYSIWYG editor in IE5.5 based on DHTML Editing Component.

Johan, whos apperently sleeping with the devil