Well, I thought the upgrade to 2.3.2b2 would solve the problem but it hasn't :-(
I have a (very important :-S) Zope instance which hangs at what seems like the
The symptoms are as follows:
1. Go to a given URL, which doesn't respond (browser sits and spins)
2. Doing a 'top' on the server shows python nowhere to be seen (so it's not
3. ps shows the python threads are all still there, but none of them will
3. doing a ./stop sucessfully stops Zope (the broswer returns a 'reset by peer')
4. doing a ./start yields the following the the stupid log file:
2001-04-27T15:05:38 PANIC(300) z2 Startup exception
Traceback (innermost last):
File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.2b2-src/z2.py, line 566, in ?
File <string>, line 1, in ?
File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.2b2-src/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 110,
File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.2b2-src/lib/python/ZODB/FileStorage.py, line
264, in __init__
File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.2b2-src/lib/python/ZODB/lock_file.py, line 101,
StorageSystemError: Could not lock the database file. There must be
another process that has opened the file.
5. The only way I can get Zope to start again is do do a:
killall -9 python
...now start behaves normally and the cycle begins again (averaging around once
every 10 minutes now :-( )
Can anyone suggest how I might go about tracking this down? It's really
beginning to piss me off. That said, I've seen quite a few posts now complaining
about Zope hanging and crashing, so I'm actually beginning to worry about using
Zope from a stability point of view.
Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -