On Tue, 15 May 2001, Chris McDonough wrote:

> I'll be curious to see the results.  Hopefully you'll have better luck
> under 2.3.1b2.

I've indexed about 410.000 objects now.  A plain query with 'meta_type'
and 'firstname' to searchResults takes about 3-4 seconds.  Not too bad,
but not that good either.

I'm sure I can so something to make it faster, but other than index fewer
objects (which I can't do, since I have more objects that needs to be
indexed) I don't see what else I can do.

Maybe one could design a framework of scalable Catalogs?  Just like ZEO
does for ZODB?