From: "Trevor Toenjes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I like the idea of having this capability.
> Having the option to integrate it into sendmail or as a standalone
scrubber
> would be ideal.  Could this become a product?

Uhm, no, I don't think so. This is more a question of weather to add an
option to make MailHost/sendmail fail if one reciepent is rejected or only
when all recipients are rejected as it is today. I'm still not sure it's a
very useful idea though. :-)

> Next week I get a new list of 500 emails that has never been tested. I
would
> like to do an SMTP handshake(without sending) to verify the
> domains/addresses that will accept the emails, and remove the addresses
that
> fail.  This makes bounce management much cleaner and lowers overhead when
> you actually send the messages.

If you call sendmail directly without going through MailHost you will get a
list back of the rejected recipients. Maybe you could use that?