we at ZBabel have to same problems with translating the Exceptions of Products.
And my personal best solution is to use the translate-Method direct in the
Python-Code which raises the Exceptions. That works for every text directly in
the Python Code.
Andre Schubert schrieb:
> yes it is a big job, but i started at all form-based exceptions,
> because the members of our websites can manage many things over
> web-forms, thats why i tried to patch
> all HTTPResponse-exceptions with writing a product that patches the
> correspondend functions,
> further i patched Converters.py so that it returns german error_values.
> Thats the work i have done and it seems to work for me.
> All i want is a Product which catches as many exceptions as possible and
> translate them into, for me, german.
> I also thought that i can design the product as like as zzlocale, thats
> its easy to translate into other languages.
> I dont want to hack the sources, i want a Product but its hard to
> program all the exceptions.
> thanks as
> seb bacon schrieb:
> > You're certainly right, but it would be a big job. In fact I recently
> > started a proposal on the subject (bare bones). Please add to it!
> > Especially the requirement for i18n.
> > http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/ClassBasedExceptions
> What and how should it add???
> > seb
> > * Andre Schubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [011203 15:10]:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'am looking for several products to translate zope-site into german.
> > > I have found ZBabel and it works very fine for normal websites.
> > > It always works fine in the standard_error_message if there is an
> > > error_value and an error_type.
> > > But it doesnt work if i get an string exception, because the error_value
> > > is an complete html-site.
> > > Therefore i tryed to patch some Exceptions in HTTPResponse to raise an
> > > class-Exception and a short string
> > > as error_value.
> > > The problem i see is that all exceptions in zope are raised in many
> > > defferent places and thats very difficult
> > > to patch them or to make them translation-able.
> > > I think it is a good way to change all string-exceptions like these in
> > > HTTPResponse to class-exceptions and the error_value
> > > to a normal description. With these changes the standard_error_message
> > > could be raised and there is an ability to
> > > translate the error_value.
> > > Do i think in the right way or did i missing any facts
> > >
> > > thanks as
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev
> > > ** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
> > > (Related lists -
> > > http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
> > > http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope )
> > --
> >  j a m k i t
> > seb bacon
> > T: 020 7749 7218
> > F: 020 7739 8683
> > M: 07968 301 336
> > W: www.jamkit.com
> > _______________________________________________
> > Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev
> > ** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
> > (Related lists -
> > http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce
> > http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope )
> Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
> (Related lists -
> http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope )
Zope-Dev maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -