Does anybody know what is the method call to modify the AUTHENTICATED_USER attribute?
I am unable to trace where REQUEST feeds data for its AUTHENTICATED_USER attribute.

Some context to my question: I am using a custom method to authenticate users coming
to my site. So when the user logs in, he is 'Anonymous User' (from call:
AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()). But after his login name and password checked ok,
how do I switch his identity in Zope from 'Anonymous User' to his/her new identity?
What I am looking for is that next time I call
'REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()' to get the new UserName he just logged in
as, not 'Anonymous User' again.

Examining CookieCrumbler.py source, this authentication product uses the
'before_publishing_traverse hook' mechanism. But isn't there a simpler way to do this
than modifying REQUEST.RESPONSE at each traversal? Sounds like a lot of overhead.