seb bacon wrote:

>  Pros - a tiny performance gain
>  Cons - unpredictable interaction with future products;

I'd rephrase that as a pro:

Ability to work with products of the future, without the need to understand their inner
workings...

> not a well-known
> method of distributing products;

Urm... that I gotta disagree with...
Tehre are now many such products for Zope...

> not easily discoverable

What do you mean by discoverable?

> But perhaps my 'cons' are misplaced?  Mostly, I'm uneasy that someone
> looking at ZPublisher code would have no way of knowing that
> CallProfiler hooks into it if it were monkeypatched.

Yeah they would, 'cos CallProfiler will be well documented beforeit hits a release and
will onyl come into play if explicity enabled. And if you explicitly enable it, you
should
read the documentation first...

cheers,

Chris