on 5/14/02 4:43 AM, Chris Withers at [EMAIL PROTECTED] scrivened:

> Marc Lindahl wrote:
>>> Sorry, but I don't see a 'stack' of any sort being easy to explain to a
>>> newbie
>>> or not programmer.
>> I'd disagree - HTML has this concept - for example the way table tags
>> inherit properties.  Key is that the 'stack' idea is hidden within the
>> hierarchy idea.
> Hmmm... do you knnow how many people get confused by that specifc issue?
> Especially as
> different browsers inherit different levels of formatting...

I think the confusion on that issue with tables has only to do with the bugs
in the implementation on certain browsers.  Which points to the inability of
supposedly real programmers to understand stacks, parsing, state machines -
not the poor HTML coders :)  - if you read diatribes by the layout guys
(like alistapart) you'll see their frustration is based that the heirarchy
(stacking) isn't working as expected.