On Wednesday 05 Jun 2002 4:32 am, William Trenker wrote:

> And I
> suspect it is probably asking a bit too much of one Celeron 400 with
> Windows 98 to have all that running.  What do you think?

One Zope using a ZEO server on the same machine is going to take only
marginally more resources than a non-ZEO Zope alone.

Two Zopes using one ZEO server is going to use less resources than two Zopes
not using ZEO.

> (Sorry, but "get
> Linux" or "get another computer" would be great, but aren't on my immediate
> horizon.)

No need. Windows 98 is more than adequate.

The only thing you might be short of is memory. You could try:
1. Removing any unnecessary products.
2. Reducing the size of the zodb memory cache using Control Panel.
3. Reducing the number of publisher threads using the -t command line switch.
   (each thread gets its own memory cache)
4. Upgrading to the current CVS of Zope
   (which is more strict about sticking to the cache size limits, and more
   efficient with a small cache )
5. get some more memory.