Steve Alexander wrote:
> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> I vaguely recall having a similar discussion with someone regarding
>> DTMLFile, and we decided it had to ignore missing files, but I don't
>> remember why.
> Darn... that'll be just the reason I'm looking for!
>> Also, the open() call just below that line will raise an equivalent
>> exception.
> For some reason, the code was not getting there when I came across this
> problem. I guess this 'if' expression must have evaluated true.
>     if hasattr(self, '_v_program') and mtime == self._v_last_read:
>         return
> I'm not sure why it would have done so though.

Now I know. _v_program is defined in the PageTemplate base class as None.
So, the if statement should be

      if self._v_program and mtime == self._v_last_read:

If I make that change, then I get an OSError as expected.

So, I'll change the bare except: to catch OSError, and change the if
statement as described. Great.

Steve Alexander