On Monday 12 Aug 2002 11:31 pm, Romain Slootmaekers wrote:

> But we found something else:
> I included a script below that produces a stripped down analogy
> of our problem. (no zope needed, just ZODB, and you might wanna modify
> the first line to get it working)

Ive read your sample, but not tried it.

> The question is: is intended ZODB behaviour or not, and is there a work
> around ?

Yes, this is the intended behaviour.

While excecuting the conflict resolution logic, your conflicting objects exist
in a void - completely seperate from all other ZODB objects. Any attributes
which you might expect to be other persistent objects are substituted for
attribute-less placeholders. This is the 'PersistentReference' object in your

Note that these attributes are only a 'PersistentReference' while processing
the conflict resolution logic. If you access this attribute at any other time
you get your normal class, with all its normal attributes.