On Wednesday 13 November 2002 4:01 pm, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Maybe normal shutdown should manually call the shutdown signal handler
> function and normal restart should manually call the restart signal
> handler function?

We are pretty close to that now, which I agree is a good thing.

The shutdown signal handler is now a one-liner that calls Lifetime.shutdown.
The ZMI handler is a two-liner that calls the same function, then returns
some html.

Lifetime.shutdown causes the asyncore select loop to return (possibly after a
brief pause to allow clients to disconnect cleanly), and z2.py closes the
databases (and hence storages) as its very last action.