On Thursday 28 November 2002 12:47 am, Hajime Nakagami wrote:
> Hi !
>  Zope 2.6.0 have a problem for non 'iso-8859-1' user.
> And Collector 623 is still incollect now.
> http://collector.zope.org/Zope/623
> It's serious problem for CJK(I'm Japanese).
> So I make patch for 2.6.0.
> http://www005.upp.so-net.ne.jp/zope260-i18n-20021123.diff

Feel free to do that if it works for you, but a patch for this approach will
not be accepted into the standard Zope.  See this bug report for an
explanation of why this contradict's Zope's current unicode approach:

As for the limited form of  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/623 relating to the
'title' property.....
The right approach is to make it possible to change the title property to a
unicode string. All my custom products have this already, but it is a
deficiency in the standard Zope types such as 'Folder' that their titles type
can not be changed.

Patches to do this gratefully accepted. Please copy me directly if you add one
to the collector.