On Saturday 30 November 2002 5:39 am, Yusei TAHARA wrote:

> 2. ustring can not join or replace to 8-bit strings other than ascii.

Yes, it is painful to work in a mix of pre-encoded 8 bit strings and unicode
strings. Thats why Zope's unicode policy was intended to be entirely optional
- at least in the short term - and provided you can avoid unicode objects

> > Zope's approach is that your application (excluding the ZMI for now)
> > should work as in 2.5, provided you dont use any unicode values. Can you
> > confirm that this is working OK?
> yes.
> If I input values by  PythonScript without using property tab, it works
> well.

> > One area where this went wrong for you is the properties page, which is
> > explicitly set to utf8 to allow unicode properties to be set. Im not yet
> > sure on the best way to fix this for you, but I agree it needs fixing.
> I made monkey patch for myself, when management_page_charset is not
> "UTF-8", this patch remove ":utf8:" from non unicode type input field.
> because if input values are not latin-1, then unicode error raised.
> I think that every encoding can be used it satisfactory:-)
> Please consider whether it can merge into Zope2.6.1.

There are some details missing from your explanation, but hopefully not from
your patch. where do I find it?