To anyone not following the "Problem committing  zope 'version' objects"
thread on [EMAIL PROTECTED]:  It's been proposed that Versions should be
at least stamped in the ZMI with big warnings, or possibly disabled
altogether.  Numerous users have been bit by the fact that versions
basically do not work as advertised, leading in various cases to zodb
corruption or work that can't be saved.  There are other security issues
that Oliver Bleutgen raised privately which I won't state here.

Comments?  Could we get at least some warnings in the ZMI before
2.6.2 final?

Paul Winkler
Look! Up in the sky! It's THE COSMIC!
(random hero from