On 08/27/2003 07:55 PM, Christian Tismer wrote:
just by chance, I got into the position to try out
Zope 2.7.0 beta 1/2, and since it needs Python 2.2.3
at least, and Stackless 3.0 was just ported to that, I tried
to build Zope with Stackless 3.0.

It works very very well! After a few patches to get the includes
right, here the installation instructions.

I am in awe. Cool. :-)

However, I am also a little confused. As I understand it, Stackless needs all C code to be non-reentrant, i.e. C code must never call back into Python. But Zope has a lot of reentrant code, especially in Acquisition and ZODB. Doesn't that prevent Zope from taking advantage of Stackless continuations?

Shane