Jim Fulton wrote:
Done!

Hi Jim!

Here some feedback regarding your checkin. I tested CMF with Zope HEAD. These are the issues I ran into:

1.) "from ZODB import Persistent, PersistentMapping" doesn't work anymore

Maybe Zope 2.7 should have a deprecation warning?

2.) assignment to class dictionaries doesn't work anymore

I copied your fix for ZopePageTemplate to FSPageTemplate. Now Zope started again.

3.) 'rebinding by assignment' doesn't work anymore

With oldstyle ExtensionClasses you were able to rebind methods by assignment, without subclassing from the class that defines the method.

CMFCore/FSPageTemplate.py seems to be a good use case for that feature:

class FSPageTemplate(FSObject, Script, PageTemplate):
    pt_getContext = ZopePageTemplate.pt_getContext

This works fine with Zope 2.7, but raises an error with Zope HEAD:

TypeError: unbound method pt_getContext() must be called with ZopePageTemplate instance as first argument (got nothing instead)

I fixed this one and now a CMF Site seems to work, but I'm afraid this pattern is used in other places. The unittests show this:

TypeError: unbound method manage_addPortalFolder() must be called with PortalFolder instance as first argument (got str instance instead)

4.) some objects publishable in Zope 2.7 aren't publishable anymore

No big deal to add docstrings, but what's the policy change?

5.) other issues

I was not able to track this error down, but maybe you've got an idea what's going wrong here?

http://localhost:8080/myCMFSite/portal_types/Document/manage_propertiesForm
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFCore.utils, line 350, in manage_propertiesForm
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 281, in _bindAndExec
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 1, in ?
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 218, in _getContext
AttributeError: aq_parent

Cheers, Yuppie