On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 07:33, Yuppie wrote:

> Why can't the capabilities check go away in a future release? We could
> add a deprecation warning in reindexIndex in case it detects the old
> API.

That's true.

>  And of course CMF has to implement the new API. This is on the todo
> list: <http://collector.zope.org/CMF/206>
>
> But is it worth to have a CMF 1.4.3 release just to fix this issue?

Probably not, at least if your Zope checkin mentions the reason for the
capabilities test and the deprecation warning and maybe the earliest
date after which the capabilities check could be removed.  It would be
good to put this in the code itself, so we know why the capabilities
check exists next year when reading the code... does that make sense to
you?

- C