Brian Lloyd wrote:
What I don't like is that it is somewhat magical, and now the error you would get (probably 'None has no attribute xxx') if the user doesn't have access to the container doesn't tell you the real problem.

Could we add a ContainerDummy object instead of None that raises a less magical error? And maybe log a deprecation warning?

The alternative is to take the 'hard-line' and say that site admins need to visit their script containers and ensure that either a) the users of the scripts have the appropriate permissions on the container or b) they remove the 'container' binding from their scripts if it is not appropriate to give the users access to the script container.

I think this should not be done before Zope 2.8.

Cheers, Yuppie