Tres Seaver wrote:
Bjorn Stabell wrote:

If you run Apache as a caching reverse proxy (caching surrogate server)
then images will be served from Apache.  Only the dynamic HTML pages are
served from Zope, so having them fail without regards to sessions is
relatively okay.  Images and other static content are almost guaranteed
to load correctly, and if  they didn't, a straight reload from the
client will not reload cached images.

Impatient clients often "force" reloads; I don't *think* Apache has a knob which allows a surrogate / acceloerator proxy to ignore the spec (which is written assuming "forward" proxies), and serve from cache anyway.

I think I did find some sort of knob for this

For Apache 2.0, mod_cache, dir. CacheIgnoreCacheControl could be used for this

For Apache 1.3 mod_proxy, dir. CacheMaxExpire could do

- peter.