On Monday, March 1, 2004, at 02:43 PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:
In order to reduce memory consumption and decouple Zope from
ZServer (and the response delivery), a large file
is spooled via a temporary.

This means, that the file content is read from ZODB, stored
in a temporary file and then delivered from this temporary file.

At least, when your client has a high bandwidth to your server,
this serving through a temporary file is a waste.

I found that putting my /var partition (the default place for zope's temp files) on a very fast SCSI disk with plenty of space (GB's) improved the situation tremendously....