Great, I'm going to consider that a resounding endorsement and check it
in soon; please do let me know if you see anything odd come up.

If anyone else has been having issues with the old Transience module,
and would like to provide feedback on the newer implementation, please
get this file:

http://cvs.zope.org/*checkout*/Products/Transience/Transience.py?rev=1.32.12.2.2.2&only_with_tag=chrism-sessiongeddon

... and temporarily replace Zope's lib/python/Transience/Transience.py
with this newer version to help test it out, and report back the results
here.

Thanks!

- C