+1 from me I think its a great idea, I also agree with Jamie about HTTP cache control feeling awkward at the moment not sure how it could be better though

Jamie Heilman wrote:

Chris McDonough wrote:

Sounds good. WRT your comments on the need for a cache multiplexer so one can handle the case of HTTP cache control headers & opaque server-side caches working together--I'm really wondering if a better solution isn't to just remove the cache header manipulations from where they are now (in a seperate product) and integrate it more into an API any where object [that wants to] can use. HTTP cache control really is a protocol level thing, and the way its bundled as an add-on service right now feels pretty awkward. But anyway, thats a digression from the main thrust of your let them eat producer proposal, which I think is a good idea in general.