On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 01:32:18PM -0500, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Jeremy has suggested that object pre-fetching could be added to ZODB.

This is much on my mind currently.
Any thoughts on what an API for pre-fetching might look like?

The use case that most concerns me is:
If you have an Image or File object with a very long Pdata chain,
you're likely to A) thrash the ZEO client cache if it's not big enough,
and B) spend a looooong time waiting for all the objects in the chain
to load.  At least, this is my theory on what's slowing things
down - I will be trying to verify this today. See the bottom of this page:

Paul Winkler
Look! Up in the sky! It's RETRO-NEWBIE Z!