Santi Camps wrote:
En/na Roché Compaan ha escrit:

Have a look at Archetypes, it does what you want.

I think you are talking about SQLStorage of Archetypes.

I was actually thinking of the implementation of References, which uses the ZCatalog in manner you described.

Storing some attributes in a Relational Database and using foreign keys in it can solve the problem. But I have some inconveniences to use Archetypes:
1) I don't use CMF. My applications aren't content management applications, but business oriented applications.
2) I like to distribute my applications without needing BBDD installation. Just download and run. Having a relational database backend will need some extra installation

You should be able to strip away CMF dependencies, but why bother. We develop business applications with Archetypes on top of CMF.

Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems