Santi Camps wrote:
En/na Roché Compaan ha escrit:

Have a look at Archetypes, it does what you want.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/archetypes

I think you are talking about SQLStorage of Archetypes.

I was actually thinking of the implementation of References, which uses the ZCatalog in manner you described.

Storing some attributes in a Relational Database and using foreign keys in it can solve the problem. But I have some inconveniences to use Archetypes:
1) I don't use CMF. My applications aren't content management applications, but business oriented applications.
2) I like to distribute my applications without needing BBDD installation. Just download and run. Having a relational database backend will need some extra installation

You should be able to strip away CMF dependencies, but why bother. We develop business applications with Archetypes on top of CMF.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za