Mark Hammond wrote:
I just checked in how I finally got Zope 2.7.x to run as a service on
Windows again.

See also - this has a number of changes
to make services much more reliable on Windows.  My patch includes your
change, but along the lines of Tim's objection, mine compromises with:

+os.environ["PYTHONPATH"] = os.environ.get("PYTHONPATH", "") + ";" +

My patches also have the killer feature of writing any Zope stdout to the
Windows event log in the case of error - critical if you hope to see what
the underlying error was.  The patch also allows for Zope to be terminated
gracefully (rather than unconditionally terminating it as now), re-instates
support for Windows NT, and allows for a complete, functioning pywin32 build
to be used (including win32com etc).

Just-by-way-of-reminder ly,

+1 for landing Mark's patch as a prerequisite to fixing *any* Windows-service related bug in the future.

Zope Corporation      "Zope Dealers"