Jim Fulton wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:

Tim Peters wrote:
[snip]

get_transaction() is more troublesome than _just_ that, alas:  there
are about 160 instances of it across the stitched-in lib/python/zope,
and Products/Five, code.  This causes lots of new deprecation warnings
when running the tests.  These are easy to repair with 1-2 hours easy
editing work, but again Zope trunk doesn't own the lib/python/zope
code (where almost all of these appear).

Right, lib/python/zope is actually Zope X3.0.0, and we didn't expect we'd need to *update* Zope X3.0 in order for it to work with Zope 2.8. The new ZODB version is having some repercussions there. Zope X3.0 was released against an older version of ZODB. I'm really at a loss at what to do there.

Perhaps we should make a X3.0.1.  This is fairly long overdue
anyway.

I'll see whether I can make some time to go through X3.0. in that case, to prepare for a X3.0.1. To do this work, I need ZODB 3.4 to be stitched into here, right:

http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/branches/ZopeX3-3.0/

is there a resolution on how to do this yet?

Alternatively, we could make a branch for use in 2.8.  I don't
think this would really be a problem.

It's probably better to do it on X3.0 branch proper, and then extract a new 'more minimal' branch for Zope 2.8 (which we already have). It would be best if Tres did the latter, as he did it last time. :)

We need to carefully check whether there aren't changes in ZopeX3.0 for Zope 2.8 that we need to port to the new branch. Perhaps Tres has an idea on how to approach all of this.

 > I can spend time trying to shut up Zope X3 I guess, if that

is the only option...

I think this is the best option.

 > What is the recipe of changing get_transaction(),

is this documented somewhere?

It should be documented in the deprecation warning.

Thanks; I haven't seen those warnings yet as I don't think ZODB 3.4 quite got merged into Zope 2.8 trunk yet.

Regards,

Martijn