Paul Winkler wrote:
On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 08:33:39AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:

I very much want Zope 2.9 to use Zope 3's security architecture.
Zope 3's security architecture is far more robust, but it is different
in some significant ways:

Will this all be "under the hood"?
i.e. will Products have to be rewritten for 2.9?

I don't know. I expect that most products would not have to be rewritten. I expect that *some* proucts would. (e.g. products that depend on key-based access control.)

i.e. will I still write:

    security.declareProtected(SomePermission, 'foo')
    def foo(self):

That will work, and I don't see a need to deprecate it. Eventually, though, I expect products to migrate to ZCML-based security declarations.

o No support for key-based access control

Don't know what that is.

It was/is possible to control access to mapping items based on item values (e.g. key values).

Jim Fulton mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Python Powered!
CTO (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation
Zope-Dev maillist -