Tim Peters wrote:
[Tim Peters]

I think this gets worse with Zope3 code, and especially when mixed in
with Zope2. Zope3 still uses setup.py for testing from a checkout,
but uses zpkgtools for building a distribution: those two subsystems
have nothing in common, and get out of synch with each other. It
would be better if Z3's setup.py used zpkgtools too, but it doesn't
now.

Yup. We encountered this pain in working on the 3.1 release. I'm hoping to spend some time with Fred tomorrow to see if we can make a checkout use more of zpkgtools.

zpkgtools is still a work in progress though.  I expect we'll
evolve it a bit more in the course of the 3.1 release.

In any case, nothing in Z2 (including WinBuilders) knows
anything about how to live with zpkgtools now.

Yup. I'd like to fix this for 2.9. :)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Python Powered!
CTO (540) 361-1714 http://www.python.org