--On 10. Oktober 2005 11:03:54 -0300 Sidnei da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If I'm allowed to say anything, I would like to see gadfly being
replaced by sqlite. It's available mostly everywhere except in Windows
by default, as many products already use it. sqlite itself is 'public
domain' and the python da has the same license as zlib if i recall,
which is very permissive as well.

IMO there is no need to ship the Zope core with *any* DB package except the ZODB. From the maintenance point of view we should basically ship with packages that we really need and that provide value to the core distribution. In Zope 2.6 we included Docutils with provided reStructuredText functionality. Updating and maintaining the package has been a minor pain in the past. Dealing with exploits in 3rd-party-packages (as it happened yesterday with Docutils) is another issue. The core distribution should only ship with packages where we have a certain amount of expertise to deal with such issues. I assume nobody of us is a sqlite core developer and knows the sources. Otherwise we end up like Plone and ship with more 3rd-party packages from release to release.

-aj