Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 9. Dezember 2005 10:11:42 -0500 Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We need to migrate Zope 2 to use a similar strategy.  We need volunteers
to brainstorm how this can be done and make one or more proposals.
This is likely a prerequisite for finishing the publisher and ZPT

My ZPT integration of the Z3 templates will definitely only allow unicode. Non-unicode content must pass either an encoding or accept that it will be converted using utf8 as default encoding to unicode.

Hm, so it auto-decodes non-unicode strings using UTF-8? That's a bit dangerous, as you suppress a large class of unicode errors in the code. Code that creates UTF-8 strings will be silently accepted. Not as bad as what PTS does, at least the output of the ZPT will be unicode, but scary nonetheless.

Do you have any impression of how compatible is your code is with existing large Zope 2 codebases by the way?